Metro Atlanta Honda Dealer Traces Sales Matchbacks to Identify His Ideal Customer
in Today's Challenging Inventory Landscape.
The automotive industry is still experiencing unprecedented challenges with new and pre-owned vehicle acquisition. High demand, low supply, and rising wholesale values find dealerships scrambling for alternative and affordable ways to obtain inventory other than the auctions. One Metro Atlanta dealer has continued to win despite market frustrations not only above and beyond their own expectations, but winning out over their competition as well.
Below is that dealership's story in their own words...
My GM and I met to go over our sales matchbacks and it's gratifying to see names and dates align. I appreciate the work that is being done here. We're able to identify the sales customers that meet the ideal profile of who we are looking for.
Here's an example:
- A customer came into our store and very specifically bought a 2020 Honda Fit - our oldest car inventory
- She lives in Athens (and area we do NOT target)
- She traded in a car
- Her trade is already sold
We know the customer name and her email address by 3 Birds' matchback reporting.
Everything about her is exactly what we are looking for as a perfect model sales customer. She lives close, but not technically in our “area defined by Honda", we are not spending traditional advertising dollars to reach her, she comes in, buys our oldest unit, and has a wonderful trade experience.
We consider this not only a 3birds win, but it’s really a straight-line steal from our competition.
Upon further review, the client's dedicated Digital Strategist took a deeper dive into the specific customer journey and vehicle lifecycle in this case and were able to find out exactly what motivated the path to purchase to this dealership. This kind of analysis identifies patterns in consumer behavior unique to the dealership's market in order to replicate the process and duplicate continued success.
They found that:
- Approximately 15% of the engaged opportunities delivered on a single email would have gone otherwise untouched, unmarketed, and unrealized.
- The prospect received a "New Arrivals Alert" email, one of our top performing Sales Intent messages in the Smart Sales Accelerator product stream.
- The prospect opened the email and clicked through 15 pages on the dealership's website.
- The prospect purchased the same vehicle browsed in the click path.
- 4 more sales were influenced by the same email; representing more than a 6% conversion rate on vehicle sales.
Dealers are still faced with the challenge of having low inventory or none at all. They are having to get creative to keep up with units sold month over month. Part of the solution is being given the opportunity to purchase vehicles from ALL sources outside traditional trade-ins and auctions. 3 Bird can help.
It's one thing to say you can identify high-potential buyers, communicate with intelligent marketing, and provide an ideal customer persona based on predictive algorithms in theory - it's quite another to deliver real buyers with real trades in real time, sourced from untapped first-party data, with messaging that pivots dynamically based on real behavioral and transactional analytics to drive a real sales conversion.
Then contact us below to start your own success story today with a proven strategy to boost inbound inventory acquisitions organically and build your Virtual Car Lot™ with high-gross, high-turn vehicles.